Nine Reasons Why You Should Join FASCD
Membership in FASCD will bring you many tangible and intangible benefits.
- You will receive several issues of Dimensions, to keep you up-to-date with news and informative issues on educational topics.
- You will be able to attend our state conference at a reduced rate for members. This annual conference brings you challenging speakers and presenters, educational exhibitors, and timely topics on issues of instruction, curriculum, supervision, learning and technology.
- You will learn from networking with colleagues through an organization specifically devoted to improving learning and teaching.
- You may attend regional conferences and professional development institute providing awareness sessions and training programs on a variety of high-interest topics and issues.
- You will enhance your membership with international ASCD with our active relationship. FASCD contributes leadership to ASCD and presents Florida issues to an international audience.
- You will have an opportunity to take an active role in the leadership of FASCD.
- You will be able to apply for an annual $500 “Innovators in Education Award.”
- You will be able to nominate and be nominated for the annual “Excellence in Education” award.
- You will be able to nominate the annual legislator of the year award to a state or national legislator who has promoted the interests of education.
- Regular Membership is open to any person who will promote the purpose of FASCD. Regular members are entitled to vote, hold office, participate in discussions and receive full benefits from the association. Annual membership is $39. Registration form below.
- ASCD – FASCD Joint Membership is a convenience for those who want to join both organizations without having to mail separate information and checks to each. Simply go to the ASCD Membership Area. Complete instructions for joining or renewing both ASCD and FASCD membership are here. You may do it all on-line.
- Institutional Membership is the same as regular membership. The only difference is that purchase orders may be used to pay dues for this category. Dues for Institutional Membership is $50 a year.
- Student Membership is open to any interested, full-time, student in any institution of higher learning. Student members are entitled to all benefits and privileges or regular members except the right to hold office. Dues for Full-time students is $20 a year. This category is not available through the ASCD joint dues program.
- Retired Members may continue as fully privileged members of FASCD on the same annual membership fee basis as students. Dues for retired educators is $20 a year. This category is not available through the ASCD joint dues program.
All memberships are for a year and begin the month funds are received.